A taste of delicious Spain
Each morning we prepare a delicious breakfast for our guests with:
- Different types of fresh Spanish bread
- Spanish ham
- Spanish cheese
- Home-made jam and marmalade
- Fresh fruit of the season
- Fresh orange juice- tea – coffee
- And much more …
If desired we can also prepare a typically Andalusian breakfast: grilled bread with olive oil and fresh grated tomatoes. We can also bake you an egg or bacon. The breakfast is served on crockery specially designed, manufactured and painted for El Olivar at the pottery village La Rambla.
If you don’t feel like going out for dinner, you can always use the barbecue. The guest kitchen is also completely at your disposal.
On Request we cook a few times a week a delicious menu for our guests.
Several restaurants in the neighbourhood
- We’ve made a selection of 10 restaurants and tapas bars, where they serve you a various choice of tapas, in the area.
- One of our favourites is El Charcón, a type of road inn (venta) just outside Iznájar, very cosy. The restaurant has an enormous fireplace, with a blackened wall, covered with shiny olive oil specks, which are traces of the olive branches which are burned in the fire. Typically Andalusian dishes are served: Spanish ham and cheese, very tasty meat, gambas a la plancha (grilled king prawns)…
- And so many more…
The regional specialties:
- Olive oil and homemade olive preserves
- Montilla wines from the town of Montilla, which has been producing wine since the 8th century b. C The wine is similar to sherry
- Pinchos morunos or Moorish skewers
- Pinchos morunos or Moorish skewers: meat skewers condimented with paprika and cumin
- Delicious veal and pork (Ibérico)
- Anchovies and sardines
- Anís, the famous anisette from the town of Rute
- Most restaurants do also serve paella
- A tip: ask for the menu of the day or ‘menù del día’ at the ventas (road inns) and you can have a good meal for 8 or 10 euros